Senior C++ Engineer - Communications Applications
New York, NY
Posted Jul 27, 2020 - Requisition No. 80970
Bloomberg data moves global financial markets – but only when people can converse about that data. The Communication Channels team builds the robust infrastructure responsible for delivering real time communications between the 350,000 financial professionals on the Bloomberg Professional Service.
Our software and hardware are responsible for processing 700 million instant messages and emails each day. Stock quotes, trade confirmations, breaking news alerts, and help desk inquiries all flow through our tightly-integrated communication applications, placing our team at the center of the Bloomberg universe.
Every single day we’re tasked with selecting and implementing the best possible solutions to support our clients across every imaginable workflow, geographic location, and asset class. The Communication Channels group’s products seamlessly link the myriad financial and data application on the Bloomberg Professional Service, making us crucial to the company’s success.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll take ownership over problems and systems you encounter and build your network with our team of friendly, enthusiastic software developers and be responsible for the numerous subsystems that comprise a complete communication application suite, including full-content search, file and attachment management, compliance solutions, and integration with other applications built inside and outside of the company.
- Your collaboration with our product managers and different engineering teams will ensure that you understand how your software fits in the bigger picture.
We’ll trust you to:
- Strategize with our business sponsors and front end teams to build scalable, performant infrastructure to support new features and technologies.
- Demonstrate ownership over vast infrastructure responsible for our clients’ daily workflows and the company’s day-to-day operations.
- Promote the use of the best technology for a given problem – be it in-house, commercial, or open source software.
- Mentor and be mentored by your colleagues who have different areas of expertise and experience in software systems engineering.
- Aggressively roll out new features to be first-to-market while maximizing the stability of our systems.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience developing and managing large real-time distributed systems
- 3 or more years of experience writing software in C++
- 3 or more years of experience with object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and all phases of the SDLC
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Enthusiasm for full-stack debugging and analytical problem solving
- Experience designing distributed systems
- Interest or experience in improving deployment and SDLC processes
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.