Senior C++ Engineer - Real-time Data Distribution
New York, NY
Posted Feb 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 83590
At Bloomberg, our mission has always been to provide real-time data, news, and analytics to our clients quickly and accurately. Our clients are some of the biggest players in finance, and they rely on our software to manage their portfolios, analyze the markets, and make swift trading decisions that keep them ahead of the competition.
Low-level optimization is your middle name, and C++ is your weapon of choice. You enjoy working with low-latency, high throughput, distributed systems and are comfortable thinking about the distance between two countries in both miles and milliseconds. You view existing code bases not as obstacles but as building blocks for something greater. You’re the perfect fit for Bloomberg’s Real-time Data Distribution team.
As a C++ engineer in our group, you'll work on high-demand, scalable, distributed, high-performance distribution software that provides financial data delivery to over 300,000 Bloomberg desktop customers and thousands of servers around the globe.
Help us scale our rapidly growing business.
As a member of our agile team, we’ll trust you to:
- Familiarize yourself with our codebase and documentation.
- Proactively find opportunities to improve code and documentation.
- Design high-performance C++ solutions to improve the performance, scalability and stability of our distribution system
- Implement, test, and release your code Participate in recruitment activities to grow our diverse team of talented engineers.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years’ experience developing multithreaded C++ code
- A strong understanding of computer science fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and multicast, and experience with network programming
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience working on real-time middleware systems including routing, caching, and fan-out
- Experience working with distributing large volumes of data with low latency requirements
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.