Senior C++ Engineer- BQL Kernel
New York, NY
Posted May 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 100344
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. Enabling clients to access Bloomberg’s data and perform custom analytics, the Bloomberg Query Language (BQL) and Analytics platform is at the forefront of innovation for our business.
The BQL Kernel team is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the BQL execution engine in C++ to deliver a low latency, high performance analytic engine. The engine is designed to be an embeddable library to enable domain providers ability to perform BQL compatible analytics closer to data.
The C++ analytic engine implementation leverages streaming computation to allow large amounts of data being processed. We are implementing the analytic operations with the goal to deliver branchless execution and vectorized computation.We are using modern C++ to provide an embeddable analytic library that provides BQL semantics in our distributed architecture.
We are looking for a strong C++ engineer to help us build the kernel with high performance and scalable design and code.
We'll trust you to:
- Work on complex problems at scale with Agile methodology
- Innovate and collaborate with the team on existing and new projects
- Write, test and maintain production-quality code
- Have strong communication skills
- Take ownership of your projects and drive them to the finish line
You need to have:
- 3+ years of programming experience in C++
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Knowledge of CPU and system architecture
- Experience with system architecture and API design
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Experience on profiling and software optimization
We'd love to see:
- Experience with graph algorithms
- Experience with memory efficient data structures
- Experience with stream processing
- Experience with vectorization like SIMD
- Experience with functional programming
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.