Senior C++ Software Engineer- Bloomberg Application Services (BAS)
New York, NY
Posted Oct 15, 2020 - Requisition No. 78598
BAS is the stable, fault-tolerant, scalable microservice framework used by over 5,500 Bloomberg software engineers as the foundation of their applications.
We follow industry-wide best practices including continuous integration/release/deployment, in-depth code reviews, static analysis, consensus-based decision making, engineering discipline, and top notch standards for source code (C++ and otherwise).
We also have a strong culture of mentorship, professional growth, and inclusive communication within the team. The BAS team is additionally a great way to get plugged into many of Bloomberg's collaborative efforts, as we're heavily involved in the C++ Guild (an internal meetup group), ISO C++ Standardization, and C++ conferences.
We're dedicated to improving BAS as a product and platform and tackle multiple challenges including:
- Adding features to the BAS protocol and the router
- Enhancing code generation capabilities and language support for clients and servers
- Taming a complex configuration tapestry
- Improving automation of deployment to multiple operating systems and environments
- Allowing better insights on code reviews including code coverage diffs, and C++ sanitizer results
- Integrating with systems within Bloomberg
We are looking for disciplined engineers with an eye for detail to help with some or all of the above!
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years programming in C++
- 3+ years programming in Python
- An understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with large, complex systems under continuous use
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX
- Interest in engineering disciplines such as migrations, planning, post-mortem
- Ability to critically assess and plan software changes and roll-outs
- Exposure to multiple phases of the software development life-cycle
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP
- Experience with multithreaded programming
analysis, and system design
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.