Senior C++ Software Engineer- Bloomberg Application Services (BAS)
New York, NY
Posted Dec 13, 2019 - Requisition No. 78598
BAS is the stable, fault-tolerant, scalable microservice framework used by over 5,500 Bloomberg software engineers as the foundation of their applications.
We follow industry-wide best practices including continuous integration/release/deployment, in-depth code reviews, static analysis, consensus-based decision making, engineering discipline, and top notch standards for source code (C++ and otherwise).
We also have a strong culture of mentorship, professional growth, and inclusive communication within the team. The BAS team is additionally a great way to get plugged into many of Bloomberg's collaborative efforts, as we're heavily involved in the C++ Guild (an internal meetup group), ISO C++ Standardization, and C++ conferences.
We're dedicated to improving BAS as a product and platform and tackle multiple challenges including:
- Adding features to the BAS protocol and the router
- Enhancing code generation capabilities and language support for clients and servers
- Taming a complex configuration tapestry
- Improving automation of deployment to multiple operating systems and environments
- Allowing better insights on code reviews including code coverage diffs, and C++ sanitizer results
- Integrating with systems within Bloomberg
We are looking for disciplined engineers with an eye for detail to help with some or all of the above!
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years programming in C++
- 3+ years programming in Python
- An understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with large, complex systems under continuous use
- Experience working with Linux/UNIX
- Interest in engineering disciplines such as migrations, planning, post-mortem
- Ability to critically assess and plan software changes and roll-outs
- Exposure to multiple phases of the software development life-cycle
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP
- Experience with multithreaded programming
analysis, and system design