Senior C/C++ Engineer- Release Control Team
New York, NY
Posted Apr 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 95964
Bloomberg LP’s Software Engineering has employed a continuous delivery process since the company’s inception. Via this process, software changes are deployed at any time and clients can access new functionality immediately. Our Release Control team is critical to this process via the software infrastructure services and APIs we develop for engineers to manage deployments and enablements.
This release control product suite provides what is called feature toggle (also called feature switch, feature flag, etc.) by the industry. It decouples production enablement from production deployment. It offers an incremental approach enabling users to mitigate the inherent production risk, and provides a solution for instantaneous backout if enablement goes wrong.
Libraries from this product suite are used by thousands of other libraries and linked into tens of thousands of services at Bloomberg. Services from this product suite are accessed by tens of thousands of tasks and scripts. The underlying infrastructure is supported across 12,000+ managed physical and virtual machines. It is also supported on a next generation cloud-based platform as well as local development environments including Windows & Mac laptops.
It is a unique time for this product suite as it is going to be fundamentally re-designed in the next couple of years. A new product is envisioned to allow developers to enable production changes with improved confidence. It is also envisioned to offer product owners with business intelligence in the production enablement process. This new product vision has already been approved by senior managers. The project to deliver this vision is mission critical for the firm and highly visible.
As an infrastructure team, we offer exciting opportunities for developers who are serious about backend C++ programming. Joining at this pivotal moment means you’ll be a founding member as we build out the next generation of our product suite. We’re in a fortunate position to also be the full product owners of the software we build and deliver. By joining the Release Control team, you’ll be able to contribute your vision to the direction of our product suite, new development initiatives, and prioritization of projects.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work in a team setting using the Agile methodology
- Express great communication and problem solving skills
- Own the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) including architecting solutions, meeting with stakeholders and driving projects through to a production deployment
You’ll need to have:
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- C++ experience with some scripting including Python
- Relational database schema design and SQL
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Multi-threaded/multi-process and Unix IPC experience
- Experience with middleware technology like KAFKA, caching technology like Redis, distributed consensus technology like Raft, and big data technology like Hadoop and Spark
- Experience with Docker, git/github, Jenkins, Code-analysis tools, debian-packages, and CMake
If this sounds like you, apply! We’ll get in touch if we believe you’re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our ?? company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.