Senior Cloud Network Architect - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted May 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 116415
The CTO Network Architecture team is responsible for developing and evolving the architecture of a robust, scalable, visible and programmable network that serves multiple lines of business, comprising the vast offerings of data and analytics on the Bloomberg platform and reaching customers worldwide. The Bloomberg network encompasses private and hybrid clouds, metro, wide area and customer premises. The team conducts and leads research and development in networking technologies, including protocols, softwarization of network functions, orchestration, automation, and analytics, leveraging and contributing to open source as applicable. As part of the CTO Network Architecture team, you will partner with engineering teams, business units, and policy leaders to develop, design and deploy solutions that address business needs. We are leading and influencing the design of robust networks supporting complex software infrastructure and business systems at Bloomberg.
What’s in it for you?
Your focus will be on networks. You will be responsible for defining network architecture and solutions, exploring new technologies (e.g., protocols, systems, routing platforms), developing proof of concepts, and partnering with our application teams and with our engineering teams to select and implement solutions for production. You have the opportunity to influence the evolution of the Bloomberg network and network services that provide for the most ubiquitous and influential focused products in the financial market. The scope of your role will cover data center and private cloud.
We’ll trust you to:
- Network architecture, technology evaluation, and proof of concepts that apply to the following areas: Public and hybrid cloud and Private DC Networking solutions for VMs, and Kubernetes
- Automation, working with automation teams
- Developing architectures, strategy and roadmap
- Strong collaboration with engineering teams, and application/product teams
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering at minimum, with preference for a graduate degree
- 5+ years experience as an architect or SRE in Large-scale tier1-carrier, webscale company, public cloud provider, large enterprise, and/or content provider, working on Public cloud and private cloud networking for VMs and Kubernetes workloads
- Strong communication skills and collaborative attitude
- Kubernetes networking
- Service mesh (e.g., ISTIO)
- Openstack networking for private cloud
- SDN, Calico and/or Cilium
- Public cloud Network-based security solutions
- Cloud provider networking solutions, specifically in AWS, Azure and GCP
- Terraform, CI/CD
- Product leadership/management
We'd love to see:
- Data center fabric
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 240,000 - 330,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus