Senior Compliance Officer - Deputy Global Head of Anti-Bribery / Anti-Corruption
New York, NY
Posted Sep 5, 2018 - Requisition No. 70183
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators.
What's The Role?
We are seeking a Senior Compliance Officer with relevant anti-bribery/anti-corruption (“ABC”) experience who will be responsible for providing support to Bloomberg businesses globally on Compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and the UK Bribery Act, as well as owning key process enhancements globally for the ABC program. You will report to the Global Head of Sanctions and Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption.
We'll Trust You To:
- Have a deep understanding of FCPA, UK Bribery Act, as well as other ABC rules and guidelines
- Understand bribery/corruption risk arising from gifts, meals, entertainment, hiring practices, bidding on projects / responding to RFPs, interactions with governments and Politically Exposed Persons (“PEPs”)
- Conduct or oversee due diligence on business partners with a focus on bribery/corruption risk
- Manage long-term projects related to vendor risk management and vendor remediation and liaise with other key partners in addressing vendor risk
- Help conduct periodic risk assessments of various businesses globally
- Conduct internal investigations related to fraud, bribery, corruption and violations of internal travel, gifts, meals, entertainment policies
- Project management skills in improving and overseeing systems, screening tools, transaction monitoring tools, and change management
- Develop and update policies and procedures related to ABC
You'll Need To Have:
- Minimum of 7 years’ of experience in a large, multinational company (or a consulting firm) dealing with all aspects of running an anti-bribery/anti-corruption program
- Familiarity with the FCPA and UK Bribery Act and enforcement trends by DOJ, SEC, and other relevant regulators globally
- Attention to detail, good oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to produce concise reports (due diligence, investigations) and present findings to business and other stakeholders in a timely fashion
We'd Love To See:
- Leadership skills in designing a compliance program and motivating multiple global stake holders to implement that program
- That you have an interest in international relations/world events and their applicability to financial crimes
- Foreign language skills, international educational or work experience
- Excel/Vizio/PowerPoint expertise
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.