Senior Compliance Officer - New York
New York, NY
Posted Jan 8, 2020 - Requisition No. 80588
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department provides coverage of our regulated entities and products including support for our non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators.
Bloomberg Tradebook LLC is a registered U.S. broker-dealer that focuses on providing sophisticated electronic trading solutions to third-party broker-dealers and their clients. In addition to other services, Bloomberg Tradebook LLC provides analytics, connectivity services and algorithms to third-party brokers and order-entry systems for equities, U.S. equity options and futures and non-U.S. options to the third-party brokers’ customers.
What’s The Role?
Reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer for Bloomberg Tradebook LLC, you will be responsible for helping to lead compliance coverage for this area and will help in ensuring compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, maintaining and improving the compliance framework and program, and in corresponding with regulators. The role will also involve coordination with members of the broader team in New York, London, and key jurisdictions in Asia, for purposes of coordinating compliance coverage with affiliated Bloomberg entities, and on central Compliance Practices and substantive programs. You may also work to support Bloomberg’s regulated entities in other jurisdictions including in conjunction with local country Compliance.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Identify compliance risks associated with the business practices, products and services
- Help ensure that the business meets its regulatory requirements and mitigate compliance risks to avoid breaches, fines and regulatory sanctions
- Promote and deliver a compliance culture within the firm and assist with staff training on compliance matters
- Help maintain the compliance program, including the compliance manuals, regulatory documentation and related policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of periodic reports to management and regulatory bodies
- Help with regulatory inquiries and inspections and internal audits
- Adapt to new systems and technology with ease
- Monitor and interpret regulatory developments
- Thrive handling a number of different tasks at the same time while often meeting tight deadlines
- Be a great teammate who is willing to support and assist other team members
You’ll Need To Have:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of compliance experience with a broker-dealer or securities regulator
- Experience in liaising with financial regulators and the ability to handle regulatory inquiries and inspections
- The ability to review and update compliance policies and procedures to reflect industry best practices, the evolving regulatory environment and changes to the business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Confidence to interact with individuals from all levels of the business and relevant external partners
- A track record of working with and advising the business on compliance matters
Current Series 7 license
We’d Love To See:
- Current Series 24 license
- AML/KYC experience
- Familiarity with upcoming CATS reporting
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organization
- Legal Degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.