Senior Data Analyst – Financial Products Sales & Revenue Support
New York, NY
Posted Sep 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 95173
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are looking for a Data Solutions expert to join the Sales & Analytics CFO reporting team. You will work as part of our larger finance team supporting the Sales organization across the Terminal, Enterprise Data, and Enterprise Products with financial and operational insight and reporting. You will be responsible for using our extensive data sources to provide both solutions to urgent business questions as well as build tools that serve longer term needs. You will be responsible for maintaining data infrastructure and reporting across various platforms. Your attention to detail and strong reporting and analytical skills will help you be successful in this role!
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide a broad range of financial and operational support to the Sales organization while working and partnering with finance team leader
- Provide deep dive analytics around sales force coverage, results, pipeline and productivity
- Manage, build and optimize information gathering processes on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Build dashboards, custom visualizations and ad hoc analysis on large data sets, using Excel, -Access, Tableau or other tools as needed
- Analyze performance against forecasts and operational metrics, as well as forecasting sales, and revenue trends
- Identify opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes, and propose improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of data
- Manage ad hoc special projects or analysis including revenue, market opportunities, sales metrics and/or operational analytics for decision support to management
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of financial modeling, planning, reporting and analysis experience
- Exceptional skills in MS Excel and Powerpoint, MS Access
- Experience with data visualization toolkits and graphics generation like Tableau, Qlik, or other tools
- Ability to work with large amount of data, while succinctly summarizing conclusions for management
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and financial modeling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to deal with changing priorities
We’d Love to See:
- Programming skills in Python or R coding
- Experience in financial services or a financial data provider industry a strong plus
- Experience in Data Transformation and warehousing
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.