Senior Data Analyst - ETL Pipelining
New York, NY
Posted Nov 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 111735
Bloomberg runs on data, and as part of the Data team, we're responsible for acquiring it, providing it to our clients and helping derive significant insights out of it. We collect, analyze, process, and publish the data, which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal and our enterprise products - the facts and figures which ultimately move the financial markets. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products, and processes - and all this while providing platinum customer support to clients.
A Senior Data Analyst leverages knowledge of the financial markets, understanding of clients’ needs, and demonstrated technical expertise to enhance our data products by generating premium content. They also play a key role in optimizing workflow solutions to improve automation and internal operations and improve the quality of our data sets. They have strong working relationships with other data teams and departments such as Engineering and utilize this network to achieve results. As a leader in the organization, they also train and mentor others and are trusted to deploy code to production.
We’re looking to hire qualified professionals into our Non-Securitized Data Team. This team sits under our Data umbrella and works closely with engineering to onboard high priority datasets and create meaningful data solutions for our clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design data models: Choose optimal data solutions and design flexible schemas for our data to ultimately improve the way clients interact with and analyze fundamental datasets
- Productionize data pipelines: Find opportunities and build robust automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing
- Ensure quality: Design, develop, and deploy data quality validations written in Python to drive quality improvements and standards across the team, improving areas such as accuracy, completeness, consistency, reliability and more
- Drive innovation: Draw on your knowledge of scripting and programming to scale and standardize pipelining across our team and the department, always identifying improvements to current workflows
- Achieve your purpose: Optimize processes, lead projects, and improve the quality of the products sought by internal and external end-users
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, a relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience in software development, data engineering, data science or information technology
- 3+ years of programming and scripting experience in a Python production environment
- Solid foundation in data modeling, SQL & NoSQL database systems
- Proficiency with Git, Unix, Python ecosystem, web services and API usage
- Consistent track record of using technology to innovate data products and processes
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and machine learning methods to solve real world problems
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 150,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus