Senior Data Engineer - Business Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Jun 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 86829
Bloomberg runs on data. Our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of how our clients use Bloomberg products. As the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team, we are responsible for ingesting and preparing massive amounts of data for reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics. The data will also be used to drive new businesses within Bloomberg by providing new insights.
What's in it for you?
Are you motivated to build robust and scalable systems to handle petabytes of data, with billions of new data points being ingested daily? As a hands-on data pipeline architect and developer you will be working with traditional and modern technologies to enhance our capabilities to analyze large volumes of data with complex business rules. You will work with the business to elicit requirements and implement them in an agile fashion. Our environment combines traditional warehouse technologies, MPP databases, Hadoop, and other technologies
Need to have:
- 5+ years of experience with DBMS, ETL tools. Specific expertise in implementing Informatica in an Enterprise environment is a plus.
- Advanced SQL capabilities are required. Knowledge of database design techniques and experience working with extremely large data volumes is a plus.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing methodologies, ETL processing and dimensional data modeling.
- Programming experience in Python
- Strong problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark)
- Knowledge of RDBMS, MPP systems
- Knowledge of streaming technologies like Kafka
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as QlikSense, Tableau, Cognos
- Experience working in a UNIX or Linux development environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.