Senior Data Science Analyst – Management Reporting & Analysis
New York, NY
Posted Oct 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 110796
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s Customer Analytics Data Science team continually improves our Product and Sales teams’ ability to make data-driven decisions through speed, transparency, and extraordinary customer service. We firmly believe our people are at the core of our success as they arm our client-facing teams with data to optimize their prospecting and retention efforts.
We enable Product teams to build better by providing them with deep insights into customer behavior. We help the News organization identify and explain long-term trends in readership, and we provide senior management with predictive analytics to improve revenue forecasting. And – that’s just a sampling of projects from a typical week!
We’re looking for a Senior Data Science Analyst to join our team to partner with product and sales managers to help them better understand their audience and opportunities for growth – from basic function usage to deeper analysis that identifies new methods for driving adoption and identifying leads.
We are passionate about using data and analysis to help find opportunities through narrow targeting, profiling, and segmentation and partner with product managers, COOs, CFOs, Sales, and more to promote adoption, retention, and deeper engagement with our products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Generate ideas and institute repeatable processes that support sales, adoption, and engagement of our products to drive usage
- Analyze large data sets to develop critical insights, such as identifying target audience segments for lead generation and/or marketing campaigns, and collaborate with business units on long-term planning, policy development, and problem resolution
- Operate as an internal consultant for our business teams in addressing strategic and operating issues, as well as handle ad hoc requests and special projects that may interface across multiple business units, subject areas, and departments around the usage and product adoption
- Understand our business drivers, assess, and scope projects, incorporate relevant levers, and prepare data driven recommendations on business strategies with the appropriate levels of detail
- Work on internal and external communications as needed for Senior Leader and Management Committee presentations, special events, and other key constituent interactions
- Operationalize individual and business performance metrics and report on deliverables through monthly/quarterly/annual reporting
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years' progressive professional experience in analytics, multivariate modeling, segmentation, quantitative methods, database, and digital data
- A minimum of 3 years' advanced SQL skills and experience working with relational databases, knowledge of big data systems such as Hadoop
- Experience with data visualization software tools (e.g. Qliksense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and Web Analytics Tools (Google analytics, Omniture etc) and the shown ability to learn and master new tools quickly
- Ability to work with and explain technical concepts to non-technical partners, and break down sophisticated business problems into achievable steps
We'd Love To See:
- Previous experience working in programming languages such as R or Python
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: (include relevant link to business content or Bloomberg/careers website)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 175,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus