Senior Data Warehouse Engineer - Enterprise Content Distribution Team
New York, NY
Posted Apr 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 74728
Bloomberg runs on Data. In the Software Infrastructure Data Warehouse team, we are responsible for analyzing it. On any given day, we identify ways we can make the company's processes and software better and more efficient.
What’s in it for you:
On our team, you will be a self-starting individual who is motivated and eager to learn and grow, with responsibility for the development of a Greenplum based MPP (massively parallel processing) data warehouse. You will be exposed to a variety of data domains and have enormous opportunities to learn and contribute ideas while leveraging your expert level knowledge of Greenplum, PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL server.
We'll trust you to:
- Apply your deep knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and best practices
- Design, architect and implement our data warehouse environment
- Participate in code and technology reviews and work closely and collaboratively with other members of the team
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years related database experience developing complex SQL stored procedures/functions, loading and processing large data sets and performing storage optimization and query tuning
- Python scripting experience with data access and writing custom libraries
- Deep-level understanding of analytical-level SQL, such as windowing functions and OLAP concepts
- Excellent understanding of VLDB performance aspects - table partitioning, sharding, table distribution and extreme optimization techniques
- Solid understanding of Kimball data warehousing methodologies, various stages of ETL processing and dimensional data modeling
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with other databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2)
- Working knowledge of Linux scripting languages, e.g. ksh, Bash
- Python experience with numpy/pandas/scipy
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match!
We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/