Senior Designer - Bloomberg Marketing Studio
New York, NY
Posted May 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 75139
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
The Bloomberg Studio is looking for an exceptional graphic designer to work on brand initiatives and campaigns supporting our company initiatives - ranging from sustainability, recruitment, engineering, corporate philanthropy and diversity and inclusion. You will contribute to the creative vision, and collaborate with a team that defines and designs brand experiences across print, digital, motion and experiential. You will collaborate with designers, copywriters and cross-functional teams to develop creative concepts, execute original and innovating design systems and brand campaigns. You will also work closely with the group’s Creative Lead to quality control and advocate for design excellence.
We will trust you to:
- Deliver world-class creative ideas for Bloomberg’s non-financial products businesses — ranging from Recruitment and Engineering to Diversity and Inclusion
- Help develop brand systems that stretch across a wide range of mediums, bringing a very hands on approach
- Work with the Creative Lead to pitch and communicate creative ideas clearly
- Translate stakeholder feedback into successful creative that pushes the business forward
- Initiate and develop proactive creative projects, helping to address Bloomberg’s business objectives across the world
- Develop a design vision; working with the rest of the design team to ensure a high level of execution across all deliverables following this vision
- Keep an ear on the ground for external creative trends and contributing to the Bloomberg Studio culture with fresh ideas and a can-do attitude
You need to have:
- Extensive knowledge of campaign and concept development and creative strategy
- A stellar portfolio including work for Tech brands. Personal work is also encouraged (work portfolio must be included in order to be considered)
- A minimum of 5+ years professional work experience in-house or working with Tech brands
- Strong strategic thinking skills and the ability to develop strong design systems that bring simplicity to complex brands
- An easy going attitude, calm under pressure and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent spoken and written communication with a heavy dose of storytelling
- Experience working as a team player, collaborate effectively with other creatives, as well as members of the marketing management team
- Extensive knowledge of experiential and spatial design
- Tech brand experience preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency working with Adobe Creative Suite design software
- After Effects knowledge will be highly appreciated
- Extensive understanding of video and motion graphics processes - storyboarding, sound briefing
- Knowledge of Figma and 3D rendering programs preferred
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.