Senior Desktop Engineer
New York, NY
Posted Apr 23, 2019 - Requisition No. 74788
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network, and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms) which host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 5 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy, and rely on a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide. Those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, and monitor/implement security for a global corporate network that includes 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays, and 120,000 network connections.
What's In It For You:
As part of the position, the Senior Desktop Engineer will design, implement new features and technologies to improve and secure our user compute environment. This Professional will be one of the leaders to lead us toward a cloud infrastructure as we transform our landscape. Engineer will need to have deep understanding of Window OS architecture, problem solving, communication and ability to work with new technologies.
We'll Trust You To:
- Participate in design, implementation, testing, and launching
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners (QA, CTO, Security architecture etc.) in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Maintain as subject matter expert of solution implemented
- Provide strategic roadmaps of area of responsibilities
- Provide documentation, training and knowledge transfer to strengthen our System Administrator and support team
- Automation with scripts to reduce manual footprint
You'll Need To Have:
- 10 years or more experience with medium to large scale IT enterprise around Windows workstation OS environment
- Expert in Azure AD Federation services
- Knowledgeable in Azure and AWS service capabilities and limitations
- Advanced PowerShell
- Strong knowledge in Active Directory
- Strong knowledge with Intune and SCCM
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10
- Implemented Office and Microsoft 365 solutions in a large scale environment
- Hands on experience with Azure subscription management
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.