Senior Equity Index Product Development
New York, NY
Posted Jan 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 100146
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg indices are used as the basis of investment products and for bench-marking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining a fast growing and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. You will be focusing on the design, creation and launch of equity and option based indices with the goal of growing Bloomberg’s equity families across different investment strategies and themes. You would work closely with Engineering, Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, PR teams, and participate in client meetings globally. You’ll help develop new Bloomberg terminal analytics that will transform the index industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you’ll have deep knowledge of index construction, the index and the asset management industry. You will most probably have acquired this knowledge whilst working in an index structuring team at an investment bank or index provider
You’ll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within the organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop equity index methodologies for equity volatility and cash equity strategies
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among the senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
You’ll need to have:
- Deep knowledge of equity and option data, equity cash and option markets and the equity index industry in general
- Deep understanding of day-to-day governance determinations on index events
- Hands-on product experience from an index background
- Proven track record in developing equity volatility and cash equity strategies and benchmarks
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets
- Analytic programming experience in Python (R or other programming languages are a plus, but not required)
- Understanding of the investment process, option theory, portfolio theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- Excellent industry relationships
- 7+ years of index industry experience
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.