Senior Finance Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 111455
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our larger finance team supporting the Index organization. The CFO team provides critical financial advisory to the product teams in support of the business. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modeling, reporting and senior management support for a fast-paced and pioneering technology based financial services business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Prepare and present financial and operational dashboards and metrics for Executive Management
- Own Product and Business P&Ls and maintaining general ledger hierarchy for new product codes, cost centers and business areas
- Develop analysis and metrics to measure and monitor product development milestones
- Conduct market research and analysis
- Understand, maintain, and develop pricing strategies and commercial models for existing and new products
- Assess and quantify the competitive landscape including analysis of market size, share, and opportunity
- Provide management with critical highlights to help drive understanding of market impact on business model
- Provide exceptional finance and accounting business support
- Manage client agreements, ensuring invoicing and reporting in accordance with contract terms, and understanding impact of product performance to budget and forecasts
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency in internal processes
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Finance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ability to confidently work with data, identifying business trends and be able to create insightful analysis
- Ownership over the analysis and reporting within a defined scope
- Proficient quantitative, financial and data manipulation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and stakeholders
We'd Love to See:
- Proven competency with sophisticated Excel modeling and large datasets
- Proficiency in SAP or similar systems
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus