Senior Financial Analyst – Supply Chain
New York, NY
Posted Sep 23, 2021 - Requisition No. 95688
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support the Supply Chain business. The CFO team provides critical financial support to the business. As a leading member of this team, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modeling, reporting and senior management support for a fast-paced and cutting-edge technology based financial services business.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Work closely with supply chain team to ensure accurate and timely capture of contract manufacturing, logistics, and inventory related transactions
- Provide inventory oversight to supply chain team by verifying accuracy of inventory reports and timeliness of goods receipts
- Support analysis of spare parts inventory to maintain inventory levels
- Support FP&A function by preparing management reporting and analysis for all expenses, capital and department P&Ls
- Ensure compliance with applicable internal and external accounting standards and financial policies
- Partner with accounting team on the monthly close by advising on expense accruals, preparing monthly inventory and aging reconciliations, and analyzing monthly expenses
- Evaluate alternative financial scenarios and results through data collection and predictive analysis
- Partner with the business to develop the annual operating and capital budget
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial information for Management discussing year to date performance against business plan and financial outlook
- Work with supply chain team to measure performance against established metrics
- Ensure compliance with firm-established controls processes
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Approximately 5-10 years of Finance Planning & Analysis in an asset management or manufacturing field
- Strong quantitative, financial, and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and comfortable working with large data sets and various systems
- Experience with SAP
We’d love to see:
- Financial modeling experience
- Experience with product costing
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Comfortable with learning new systems
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.