Senior Financial Analyst - Core Product - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Feb 8, 2024 - Requisition No. 123084
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. You will join the Bloomberg Media Financial Planning & Analysis team, ensuring precision in planning, reporting, and strategic decision making. You’ll be responsible for supporting consolidation activities, reporting and analyzing financial results, and the development of periodic forecasts and the annual plan, with a primary focus on headcount and compensation related activities.
We’ll trust you to:
- Gain a financial and operational understanding of the business, including its mission, products, services, clients, initiatives, employees, etc.
- Oversee headcount planning and reporting, including temporary contractors, while providing support and valuable insights to key stakeholders in Finance and across the Business
- Analyze and advise on the financial and operational impact of strategic policies, while identifying drivers behind performance changes
- Ensure reporting accuracy and compliance with internal and external policies, including monitoring forecast accuracy, understanding drivers of variances, and providing insightful commentary & analysis for both current and future periods
- Develop and maintain high-quality excel based models to measure and monitor financial performance and key KPIs, and perform sensitivity/scenario analysis
- Prepare presentations to communicate actionable results to leadership, and recommend strategic changes as needed
- Provide support to key stakeholders, and manage financial activities, for periodic forecast and annual planning cycles
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to existing processes to maximize efficiency, accuracy, and accessibility
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned (e.g., Project Management)
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years’ direct experience in financial planning & analysis, business analytics, and/or corporate or strategic finance
- BA/BS in Finance or a related field
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of data while succinctly summarizing findings
- Ability to coordinate and execute projects independently, effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and autonomously perform within tight deadlines
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience utilizing a large integrated ERP/MRP computer system (e.g., Oracle, SAP)
We’d love to see:
- Proficiency in SAP and Workday
- Proficiency in SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, or similar tools and systems, a plus
- Experience working in a Media organization, a plus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus