Senior Financial Analyst - Core Product Compliance
New York, NY
Posted Nov 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 111369
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the Role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight into business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support the Core Product organization with a focus on Compliance. The CFO team provides critical financial advisory to the product teams in support of the business. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to deliver a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modelling, reporting and senior management support for a fast-paced and pioneering technology based financial services business.
We'll trust you to:
- Own the financial forecasting for revenues, expenses and capital spending
- Review and present regular financial results packages for management; analyzing performance against forecasts and operational metrics, as well as historical revenue and expense trends
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the efficiency of existing processes, and propose improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of data
- Establishing, strengthening and maintaining business partnering relationships with key business contacts at our client and internally to deliver end-to-end financial solutions & support
- Providing a broad range of financial and operational support to our client’s product development team
- Providing management support for business planning, including providing input to product manager presentations to senior management
- Developing financial models for new businesses and products
- Driving and managing ad hoc special projects or analysis. Including revenue, expense and/or operational analytics for decision support to management for strategic initiatives, business expansion and potential transactions / acquisitions
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience in financial analysis
- Strong financial analysis skills and the ability to build and maintain financial models
- Proactively drive insights, provide recommendations, understanding financial documents and accounting concepts and principles
- Ability to interpret and present sophisticated ideas and data to a variety of partners both within and outside of the Finance department
- Knowledge/experience of financial markets specifically in electronic trading
- Ability to influence peers and present work, issues and projects to senior staff
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks are required
- Experience partnering with business leadership to assist in business decision making
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus