Senior Financial Analyst - FP&A Analytics - Finance and Administration
New York, NY
Posted Mar 16, 2023 - Requisition No. 114845
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance, we are committed to providing world-class support to our business leaders by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The Corporate FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) department delivers consolidated management reporting, financial analysis, & executive decision support to the senior decision makers at the firm, and also facilitates the end-to-end business planning process. As a senior member of the group, you will be responsible for facilitating the end-to-end business planning process, and driving best practices for process, controls, internal systems and reporting/analytical tools on behalf of the global finance department.
We'll trust you to:
- Establish relationships with key business contacts, working closely with clients to define financial and operational reporting needs
- Oversee the monthly process and analysis of key expenses
- Design and development of key financial processes and internal controls
- Perform monthly reporting and analysis of Full Time Employees and Contingent Workers for various functions and departments
- Prepare monthly workforce financial reports for finance leadership and key business customers
- Perform time-sensitive ad-hoc analysis to aid the validation for the needs of Senior Management
- Participate in the development of presentations for Senior Management, both on a regularly scheduled and ad-hoc basis
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of processes, streamline collection, use, and presentation of data
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Finance
- A Bachelor’s degree
- The ability to confidently work with data, identifying business trends and be able to create insightful analysis
- Ownership over the analysis and reporting within a defined scope
- Proficient quantitative, financial and data manipulation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and stakeholders
We’d love to see:
- Specific experience in an FP&A or CFO role
- Strong analytical skills and Excel fluency
- Ability to understand and articulate the value of various data analysis and enterprise tools such as SAP, Alteryx and Tableau
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus