Senior Financial Analyst - Media
New York, NY
Posted Nov 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 111789
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the Role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. The Senior Financial Analyst will report directly to the Team Lead and be part of the Central FP&A team in Media. In this role, you will work closely with external and internal team members and business partners to implement consolidation of monthly financial results, including reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis. You must have a strong accounting background and organizational skills, be able to prioritize workflow and adhere to deadlines, and work independently.
We’ll trust you to:
- Prepare the consolidation of the monthly P&L, forecasts, budgets, five year plans and any ad hoc reporting requests
- Oversee consolidated headcount and compensation reporting and forecasting, inclusive of contingent workers; own execution of internal headcount and compensation model with rate/volume analysis
- Prepare consolidated monthly management reporting package and periodic presentations to management committee
- Establish business partner relationships with internal/external teams as well as key business contacts to provide operational support; work closely with business partners to provide analysis and recommendations for operational and strategic decisions
- Support corporate FP&A reporting requirements; inclusive of Flash, CFO decks, quarterly revenue reports, investment schedules
- Work with management to streamline current reporting processes and identify opportunities for efficiency
- Key contributor to process improvement initiatives and implementation of new financial and -business operational systems
- Ensure standards are applied consistently among the various media businesses and analyze consolidated data to identify and understand significant deviations from budget or forecast
- Prepare variance commentary and validate business drivers with internal team members
- Oversee headcount/ position management tasks ; inclusive of Workday
- Coordinate and facilitate master data additions or changes
- Develop support team to further their career/skillsets
You'll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience in financial analysis
- Strong financial analysis skills and the ability to build and maintain financial models
- Proactively drive insights, provide recommendations, understanding financial documents and accounting concepts and principles
- Ability to interpret and present sophisticated ideas and data to a variety of partners both within and outside of the Finance department
- Knowledge/experience of financial markets specifically in electronic trading
- Ability to influence peers and present work, issues and projects to senior staff
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks are required
- Experience partnering with business leadership to assist in business decision making
We’d love to see:
- Media Industry experience is helpful but not required
- Proficiency in SAP
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not dis-criminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus