Senior Financial Analyst - Workplace Operations - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Nov 9, 2023 - Requisition No. 121519
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s Workplace Operations business works hand-in-hand with internal functions to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency in keeping our workplaces well-maintained, moving our people safely between global locations and keeping our employees, assets and networks secured. Our CFO team provides critical financial advisory to the Workplace Operations, Real Estate and Supply Chain teams in support of the business.
We are evolving our Finance function and leveraging Finance Transformation as a tool to advance our output to Bloomberg and are seeking an experienced professional to join the team.
As a key contributor, you will have the opportunity to drive change while delivering a unique blend of financial and operational analysis, financial modeling, reporting, and senior management support for a fast-paced and pioneering technology based financial services business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support development and prioritization of key finance transformation activities in order to track performance of business plans and strategic initiatives
- Develop and maintain KPIs and business metrics
- Draft quarterly financial updates, annual operating plans, and other business planning presentations
- Manage FP&A requirements in adherence to corporate requirements and processes
- Oversee resource management, resource allocations and resource related reporting and analysis
- Support the development of members of the finance team
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years’ experience in financial analysis
- BA/BS in Finance or a related field
- Advanced financial modeling and data visualization skills
- Advanced excel, VBA including macros and desktop/process automation skills
- Demonstrated experience driving finance transformation within established, fast-paced environments
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes of issues and projects
- Experience carrying out complex work with autonomy and make decisions within scope of responsibilities
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company
We’d love to see:
- Degree in a quantitative subject: Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics
- Experience in financial services or a financial data provider industry a strong plus
- Domain knowledge in commercial real estate, facilities, and infrastructure management
- Flexibility to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-moving environment
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg terminal is useful, but not required.
- Experience with Enterprise software applications e.g., SAP
- Experience with data visualization applications e.g., Tableau or Qlik
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus