Senior Financial Analyst, CFO Regulated Entities - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Jan 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 113771
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in the Enterprise Products division to support the CFO Regulated Entity group. The team provides critical accounting and financial services to Bloomberg’s electronic trading platform regulated entities. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to perform a unique blend of accounting and reporting functions for a fast-paced and cutting-edge business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support month end reporting and control processes for multiple legal entities which includes, variance analysis, revenue monitoring and reporting and board report preparation.
- Perform reconciliations of customer data and work with sales organization to rectify.
- Support annual audits of regulated entities by providing support for transactions and narratives of business process ensuring timely follow-up of auditor requests.
- Communicate and collaborate with various business partners which includes business operational teams, Regulatory Controllers group, FP&A and other accounting and tax teams
- Review quarterly/semi-annual/annual regulatory reports that are filed with the regulatory bodies in US or foreign jurisdictions
- Review annual financial statements with related footnotes in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Perform daily capital stress testing for regulated entities and review monthly and quarterly stress testing for consistency.
- Monitor and report on intercompany agreements to ensure agreements are in line with business growth and expectations.
- Ensure Internal Controls for area of responsibility are executed effectively
- Identify and implement process improvements to build efficiencies and strengthened internal controls for the CFO team.
- Work with the team, actively participate and drive automation projects, with a focus on efficiency and reduction of operational risk.
- Be responsible for ad-hoc requests and special projects
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Finance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ability to confidently work with data, identifying business trends and be able to create insightful analysis
- Ownership over the analysis and reporting within a defined scope
- Proficient quantitative, financial and data manipulation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and stakeholders
We’d Love to See:
- FINRA Series 27 designation (or willingness to achieve within 6 months of hiring)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Microsoft Power BI/Power Query, or other data visualization implementation strongly desired (ie Tableau, Qliq, etc…)
- Experience in financial services industry (broker dealer) or any regulated industry is a plus
- Experience in regulated entity reporting, capital and liquidity management
- Experience in accounting/reporting automation
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus