Senior Financial Analyst, HR CFO Team - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Jan 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 113461
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
The Human Resources Finance Team is responsible for all aspects of financial reporting, analysis and guidance for HR and providing reporting and analysis of Bloomberg's HR operations including recruiting, talent, and diversity & inclusion which provides an outstanding opportunity to advise senior leaders company-wide and globally while collaborating with partners throughout the organization.
We’ll trust you to:
- Prepare analytics that provide insights to HR leaders, business managers and leadership
- Provide advisory services to HR leaders, business managers and leadership regarding recruiting, talent and diversity & inclusion operations
- Prepare materials (presentations, memos, schedules) to assist senior leaders with making decisions on HR operations
- Work closely with managers and other departments on an ad hoc basis
- Work with HR Technology team to ensure data and systems meet reporting needs
- Research into external market data and practices with ability to relate them to what we do
- Understand business issues and how they relate to HR operations (for example there could be opportunities to deliver actionable transparency to leaders that drives better behaviors)
- Partner with other team members as well as people in HR and other departments in a collaborative and fast-paced environment that requires effective communication, project management and planning
- Prepare for meetings with business managers, other departments and senior leadership
- Develop and strengthen relationships
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Finance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ability to confidently work with data, identifying business trends and be able to create insightful analysis
- Ownership over the analysis and reporting within a defined scope
- Proficient quantitative, financial and data manipulation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and stakeholders
We’d Love to See:
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and effectively solve problems using data
- Demonstrated presentation skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of information into meaningful insights in presentation format
- Collaborative team player with the ability to deal with changing priorities
- Flexible self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fluid environment
- Thoughtfulness around knowing your audience and providing various options and sensitivities
- Ability to be responsive and act with a sense of urgency
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus