Senior Financial Analyst, News Editorial - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Mar 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 114531
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our News Editorial CFO team supporting our Bloomberg Newsroom. You will work as part of our larger finance team supporting the Editorial and Research organization. In this role, you will work closely with internal and external team members and business partners on team’s financial and headcount reporting needs, including forecasting, budgeting, and analysis. You must have a strong finance background, be able to prioritize workflow and adhere to deadlines, and work independently.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide a broad range of financial and headcount reporting support for the Newsroom while working and partnering with the finance team lead and other team members
- Responsible for overseeing headcount reporting, analyzing performance against forecasts and operational metrics, as well as historical expense and headcount trends
- Partner with the business to prepare financial projections/targets for annual operating budgets, updating financial forecasts throughout the year, measuring relative performance, and monitoring historical expense and headcount trends
- Work in collaboration with other finance teams to implement standardized controls and processes around headcount and consultant populations including understanding the hiring, attrition, and compensation trends
- Use data analysis and tools to actively identify new and innovative ways to track business performance and suggest additional ideas for drivers for both expense and headcount
- Identify ways to enhance the efficiency of existing processes, and propose improvements to streamline the collection, use, and presentation of data
- Partner with other team members in a collaborative environment that requires effective communication, project planning, hitting deliverables and handling expectations
- Support the team lead in developing and maintaining independent views of the competitive landscape
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Finance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The ability to confidently work with data, identifying business trends and be able to create insightful analysis
- Ownership over the analysis and reporting within a defined scope
- Proficient quantitative, financial and data manipulation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and stakeholders
We’d Love to See:
- Experience partnering with business leadership to assist in business decision making
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and financial modeling skills
- Ability to influence peers and present work, issues, and projects to senior management
- Ability to interpret and present sophisticated ideas and data to a variety of partners both within and outside of the Finance department
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus