Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Dec 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 99023
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through teamwork. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. We’re looking for a Financial Analyst to support our Media group.
As a financial analyst, you will work closely with business partners and team members to own the monthly financial cycle. You will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You should bring strong organizational skills, the ability work independently and basic accounting skills. You will have prior experience in providing financial reporting, planning and analytical support and will partner closely with external and internal team members and business partners.
We’ll trust you to:
- Handle monthly close process for areas of responsibility, including analysis of key expenses and preparation of journal entries. Perform reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts including investments, prepaid and accrued expenses.
- Perform monthly reporting and analysis of resources for various functions and departments; Use internal systems to ensure resources are appropriate and authorized by management.
- Prepare financial reports on a monthly basis for finance leadership and key business customers (e.g., variance analysis and key operational metrics.)
- Assist in the design and development of key financial processes and internal controls.
- Find opportunities to improve efficiency of processes, streamline collection, use, and presentation of data. Support periodic audits of internal controls.
- Prepare annual capital budget, monthly financial reports and capital funding transfers
- Build relationships with key business contacts, working closely with clients to define financial and operational reporting needs.
- Provide operational support to business by providing insight, feedback and recommendations on various business workflows, process improvements and key reporting tools.
- Work with business units to prepare clear, metric-based operating budgets and financial projections for areas of responsibility.
- Develop and maintaining models and analyses to aid in the validation of financial forecasts and for special projects.
- Participate in the development of presentations for Senior Management, both on a regularly scheduled and ad hoc basis.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Minimum of 0-3 years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to work/interact with various departments and levels every day, including senior management
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills to work optimally with business units
- Strong business writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams and/or independently.
- Must be detailed and self-motivated
- We’d love to see:
- Media Industry experience helpful but not required
- Knowledge of SAP and Business Intelligence tools
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.