Senior Firmware Engineer - Client Security & Devices
New York, NY
Posted Dec 21, 2023 - Requisition No. 122325
The Client Security & Devices team at Bloomberg is responsible for the complete lifecycle of the firmware and support software for the iconic Bloomberg Keyboard and B-Unit devices. These devices are used by financial professionals and Bloomberg employees every day, around the world! Our team handles all aspects of firmware architecture, including device security architecture and biometric technology.
We are looking for a driven and experienced Firmware Engineer to expand our team. You will be an active participant in the complete firmware development lifecycle, from design and development, through to test and deployment. You will also be responsible for documenting, testing, and bringing industry standard methodologies to bear to drive an increase in both firmware quality and reliability. At Bloomberg, customer focus is on everyone’s mind whether it comes to bugs, or issues, or ease of use, we are always thinking of ways to improve and deliver a rock solid customer experience.
We’ll trust you to
- Use your experience and skills to drive and own the architecture of the firmware
- Develop firmware and tests with a constant focus on correctness, performance, and reliability
- Be involved in all aspects of the firmware and hardware device lifecycle ranging from manufacturing, to product on customers/employees desks, to mitigating bugs and issues as they arise with targeted fixes
- Demonstrate an attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership and initiative
- Diagnose in-field and customer facing issues with a sense of urgency
- Work with internal and external partners to develop diagnostic/triage playbooks
You’ll need to have
- 4+ years of experience working with C or C++ and Firmware Development
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems
- Solid understanding of test equipment (Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes)
- Understanding of interconnections in embedded systems (I2C/UART/SPI/USB/I2S)
- Ability to read electrical schematics for FW Development and board bringup
- Ability to problem solve, and to collaborate with peers, partners and management
- Ability and willingness to travel with a team to Mexico to our contract manufacturer once or twice annually
We'd love to see
- Experience with USB
- Experience with Embedded Systems Hardware Design
- Secure SW/FW design experience
- Experience with cryptographic algorithms and applied usage
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus