Senior Front-End Engineer - Market Data Capacity and Latency (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Sep 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 91067
The Market Data Capacity and Latency (MDCL) team is in charge of monitoring and analyzing end-end latency and performance of the market data pipeline at Bloomberg. Our systems collect, store, and analyze billions of data points every day, allowing us to identify and report latency for real-time enterprise market data products. Our web applications enable our users to administer, interact with, and make sense of all the underlying data. We rely on them to provide intuitive and interactive visualizations that help improve understanding of real-time systems and advise engineers and product managers across Bloomberg.
Our work is essential in making Bloomberg more competitive in the real time market data Enterprise space, and we push every team we work with to perform better and more optimally in order to improve latency across the entire market data pipeline.
We’ll Trust You to:
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast-moving team
- Own our web UI and incorporate best practices from the Bloomberg web community
- Work with other engineers across multiple teams
- Communicate and interact with product managers and end users
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Experience with modern web frameworks (preferably React)
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
We’d love to see:
- Experience with REST APIs and API Best Practices
- Familiarity with Python/Flask or other server-side languages/frameworks
- Experience with observable based UI state management is a plus
- An understanding of DevOps, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, and Deployment tools
- Open Source Contributions
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.