Senior Full Stack Engineer - Enterprise Platform
New York, NY
Posted Jan 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 97628
The Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) engineering team designs, builds and maintains the foundational infrastructure of Bloomberg's award-winning enterprise Order Management System (OMS) products: TOMS (sell-side) and AIM (buy-side). We design and develop highly-available, scalable software that supports cross-asset financial trading to some of the largest global financial institutions in the world.
Enterprise Services is a mission critical data services platform that allows frameworks such as Transaction Management System (TMS) to store and manage the lifecycle of business entities in a consistent manner, providing transparency and traceability across a firm's trading enterprise. We view TMS to be the fully automated cloud-agnostic common data platform for Enterprise Products catering to our OLTP and client OLAP/ML needs.
Adhering to Domain Driven Design, we work with partner Product and ENG teams to develop Enterprise Domains for their business areas. Our architecture goals include scalability, flexibility, modularity, transparency, usability and simplicity. Our work includes building asynchronous messaging pipelines, designing microservices hosted in Cloud Platforms to apply business logic, and integration with modern open-source technologies.
The team operates in an agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team's time-to-market objectives. Everyone on the team is encouraged to try new things, to fail-fast and to work together in creating a positive, collaborative, motivating environment. Our culture puts an emphasis on applying industry standard practices and tools to the problems we are solving, and we embrace open source technologies wherever appropriate.
As a Full Stack Engineer you will design and develop user interfaces for our self-service portal, high-performance microservices, and/or scripts for our automation pipelines. You will design and build our big data analytics infrastructure to derive insights from our order management system products.
We are looking for
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with practical experience.
- Ability to work full-stack in both server-side and front-end development.
We’d like to see
- Experience with Server Side technologies (such as Core Java, J2EE) and/or modern front-end frameworks such as AngularJS, React, and Express.
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as Spring, Flask and Django
- Experience with various integration frameworks and technologies such as Apache Camel, Kafka, Rabbit MQ.
- Familiarity with modern web technologies such as HTTP/WebSockets protocols and GraphQL.
- Prior experience developing cloud compatible architectures and technologies
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with REST APIs, XML and HTML
- Knowledge of working with cloud technologies/AWS is a plus
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.