Senior Full Stack Engineer - Media Streaming Platform
New York, NY
Posted Jan 5, 2023 - Requisition No. 113120
The Content Generation department at Bloomberg builds high impact, innovative software applications and infrastructure responsible for publishing, integrating, and distributing content such as Market Alerts, Financial Data, and News. There is content generated both from Bloomberg as well as content ingested from outside sources (Premium wires, web content, Company reports, and Social Media).
We focus on our products being able to handle extremely high volumes while maintaining low latencies & high availability. In addition, we build core services that form the foundation of applications built by other software groups within Bloomberg.
Media Streaming Platform Team specializes in providing live and on-demand media solutions for Bloomberg Professional Services and beyond. Our team builds a comprehensive suite of media tools and services for end-to-end media workflows. We deliver market driven multimedia content to our customers with interactive user experience at industry leading low latency.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our team to contribute to expanding our rich set of media applications and services. Your main focus will be the development and deployment of media applications for our clients. This work demands close collaboration with multiple partners such as Product, UX design, VX, Network, and other engineering teams.
There is a lot of opportunity to research, innovate and think outside the box. This is a very exciting opportunity because of the visibility and impact of these client-facing applications.
- Enhance media player to deliver our audio/video content in both live and on-demand formats
- Develop and enhance the back-end media services to extend streaming platform
- Develop quality of experience and analytics system for monitoring user experience
- Research innovative ways to serve media with low latency
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to innovate and contribute to build and extend Media Products and Infrastructure
- Opportunity to work on High Impact and Challenging problems in building Media Infrastructure
- Opportunity to be a part of a select few teams responsible for Multimedia and Real Time Communication on the Bloomberg Terminal
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of distributed streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Experience with network and data transfer protocols
- Strong problem solving and design skills
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge cloud storage
- Previous experience using open source toolkits like Bento4, ffmpeg and WebRTC
- Familiarity with media container formats (mp4, webm), codecs and streaming protocols (MSS, DASH, HLS)
- Experience with real time streaming protocols like RTSP, RTMP, RTP and RTCP
- Experience with Python Django and nginx
- Any open source contributions
- Experience with Mobile Media stack
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about, please apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/ (http://www.techatbloomberg.com/)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus