Senior Full Stack Engineer- Equity Research
New York, NY
Posted May 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 100235
The Equity Research Authoring and Distribution team is responsible for building the next generation of research authoring and distribution platform that turbo charges Equity Research offering for our terminal clients.
The role includes working in our current stack both on the front end and back end. Our main editor - authoring component is a web based component built using modern web development technologies (HTML/CSS/JS). We currently use React as our main front end library and use Typescript as our front end language. Our back end is a Java web server running on tomcat.
We are looking for an engineer who brings in expertise in either front or back end technologies we use and is willing to work full stack. If you love solving hard problems and have an appetite for crafting beautiful solutions for our varied client requirements you will excel in this team.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate directly with our product counterparts to capture requirements and iterate on projects
- Design, develop, and release high-quality maintainable code
- Take ownership of products and its technical solutions
- Help the team evolve and operate on a day to day basis
You'll need to have:
- 3-5+ years of experience working on modern web front end technologies building SPA's
- 2+ years of server side development preferable using java
- Experience with database design and SQL
- Experience crafting and consuming restful API's, object oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines while delivering high quality solutions to clients
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or related professional experience.
We’d love to see:
- 1-2+ years of C++ and python experience
- Deep experience building front end products using React
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.