Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer - Portfolio Analytics (FA - Financial Analytics)
New York, NY
Posted Apr 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 100681
Bloomberg Portfolio Analytics empowers the most prominent players in the financial world to manage their portfolios, assess exposures, and make decisions that move the financial markets. Our flagship product on the Bloomberg Professional service is a critical tool used daily by money managers, mutual funds, hedge funds, and pension funds around the world.
Each of the application teams that we are currently hiring for in PORT comes with exciting and complex challenges to solve. Our main areas of focus are:
1. Interactive Analysis - Responsible for a wide range of functionality that provides the means for gathering, assembling and visually representing the full suite of portfolio analysis. Positions range from those focused on building tools for specific analysis like portfolio attribution, real-time monitoring, and portfolio slice & dicing, to those focused on building frameworks to allow other teams to build their own applications and construct seamless workflows across our suite of portfolio applications.
2. Enterprise Reporting - Responsible for our industry standard batch reporting solution for end of day multi-asset analytics. Focused on building an easy-to-use, intuitive, flexible, extensible pluggable UI to facilitate report configuration, and designing the next generation of highly customizable templated reporting.
Who are you?
A developer who is passionate about front end development with interests in scalable architectures. Someone who enjoys working closely with business and clients, and is ready to dive in and embrace the challenge of transforming the current system!
We’ll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the full development cycle and collaborate with the team on design and implementation
- Partner with clients and other developers to design, build and roll-out solutions that will optimize client workflows
- Explore new technologies both within and outside of Bloomberg to determine if they can help make our products run faster, increase stability, etc.
- Embrace working together as a team – mentoring and learning from their existing teammates to break knowledge silos and ensure that our team is producing reliable, well documented and well understood products for our clients
You will need to have:
- Experience covering the full software development life cycle
- Interest in working in a client facing application team
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience
This position requires at least one of the following:
We'd love to see:
- Interest in identifying and building intuitive client workflows
- Interest in exploring full-stack systems - all our teams are responsible for both front-end and related middleware
- Enthusiasm for building cutting edge systems
- Experience in end-to-end software engineering project management
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/engineering-experienced-hire-application-process/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com