Senior Fullstack Engineer - Insights
New York, NY
Posted Jun 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 92978
IPaaS (Insights Platform As A Service) offers suggestions (known as Insights) based on the context of the client’s current workflow. Insights are a groundbreaking new way for Bloomberg users to discover relevant content in the Bloomberg terminal by surfacing difficult to discover data where and when they need it within their day-to-day workflow. Bloomberg users have the opportunity to easily and swiftly dive deeper for more context to make critical financial decisions.
The IPaaS mission is to make discovering the breadth and depth of impactful financial data available easier and quicker for finance professionals. An Insight is a carefully crafted auto-generated short sentence, similar to a well-written news headline, that communicates the bottom line without the need to read the whole story. Insights often come with clickable links, abstract text, and other metadata to provide even more information, analogous to reading the full body of a news story.
What’s in it for you:
We are seeking a strong full stack software developer interested in evolving a platform created for use by other engineers and in improving end user experience with insights. This includes expanding the platform using BPaaS (the Bloomberg container deployment platform built on top of Kubernetes), finding additional ways to visualize insights as well as exploring various ways to rank insights by relevance including both rules-driven and machine learning approaches.
You will collaborate with our sister teams, work with business and partners to define both client and non-client facing features, and mentor individuals on the team or sister teams. IPaaS code runs in microservices written primarily in C++ and Python installed on Full Managed Linux(FML) machines. Our team strongly believes in adhering to the best industry practices, innovating impactful solutions, and continuous deployment to PROD.
We’ll trust you to
- Collaborate within the team, with sister teams, with Insights Product, and with external partners
- Take ownership of the technical direction
- Drive engineering standard methodologies and quality within the team and sister teams
- Mentor individuals on the team and sister teams
- Identify bottlenecks and design strategies to address
You’ll need to have
- 5+ years experience using C++ and/or Python
- Strong architecture and design skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills (verbal & written)
- Strong ability to understand business requests and convert into technical deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or related professional experience
We’d love to see
- Experience with machine learning or data science
- Experience with cluster management
- Experience with container technologies (Docker)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and systems, such as Jenkins
- Experience with Streaming technologies (Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in an “Agile” environment (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, PI)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with React
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.