Senior Fullstack Web Engineer – Business Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Apr 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 102984
Senior Full Stack Web Engineer – Business Intelligence
Position can sit in either NY or Princeton.
Bloomberg runs on data. As the Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence team for the firm, our data captures the who, what, when, where and why of everything about Bloomberg - from everything about our clients, to their use of Bloomberg products, to our ticketing systems, to information about the hardware in our data centers and client locations. We are responsible for ingesting and preparing massive amounts of data (4PB and growing) to empower the whole company (7000+ users and growing) to make a difference through reporting, dashboards, self-service and advanced analytics. The data is used to drive new businesses within Bloomberg by providing new insights. Our goal is to have a direct or indirect hand in every decision Bloomberg makes!
What's in it for you?
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll work with modern open-source web technologies (NodeJS, ReactJS, GraphQL etc.) to build web applications and services that provide users the ability to set-up and monitor data ingestion, processing, discovery, management and governance for the Bloomberg Data Lake and Data Warehouse. We’ll depend on you to advise on the system design, architecture and scalability of these applications.
You will also have an opportunity to learn about modern, open source Big Data & Distributed System technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Flink, and MPP databases.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate within an Agile, multi-disciplinary, fast-moving team
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development, and delivery to production
- Develop all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server-side
- Evaluate and potentially adopt the use of new and emerging web technologies
- Interact with end users on a frequent basis to gather feedback and adapt the UI to best suit their needs
You'll need to have:
- A strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Expertise in modern web frontend technologies (e.g. NodeJS, ReactJS, VueJS, HTML, CSS, JS/Typescript, Webpack)
- Expertise in REST/GraphQL API Design
- Knowledge of browser internals such as rendering engines, parsing and DOM tree construction, layout, painting, optimizing techniques, cookies, caching, security, web accessibility standards
- Programming experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Fluency in distributed source code management, code reviews
- BA, BS, MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- A passion for learning, standardization, style guides and process efficiency, and bias for action
- Experience defining and developing highly available distributed systems
- Contributions to any open source web projects or JS libraries
- Previous experience or interest in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and Big Data
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org