Senior Functional Analyst (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 93010
Data and Systems team is responsible for projects, systems data and analytics for Media Sales and Media Operations within the Bloomberg Media Group. We provide analysis, projects management data warehouse and analytics for integrated solutions which help increase revenue and while improving operational efficiencies.
We'll trust you to:
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Understand and define as-is business processed and optimize them for new system implementation.
- Gather business requirements, define functional specifications and design solutions and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry.
- Identifies client organization’s strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Take input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Able to design business and system process flows.
- Ability to work well in Agile Scrum methodology.
- Translate business requirements into user stories ready for development.
- Design user interfaces with keen understanding of user experience and usability.
- Well versed in object, database design and data modelling.
- Conceptual understanding of integrations and API.
- Design, plan and execute QA and UAT plans.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with client personnel to identify required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to development team.
- Understand and communicate impact of changes to stakeholders and project timelines as it relates to the critical path.
You'll need to have:
- Assists in the facilitation of team and stakeholder meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses understanding in the areas of software development, database and system design.
- Understands Internet, Intranet and client/server and cloud architectures.
- Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
- 3-5 years of media experience is preferred.
- Generates enthusiasm and works well with team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for improvement and bringing all initiatives to their conclusion.
- Manages the process of innovative change.
- Develops relationships with stakeholder personnel that foster ties.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase stakeholder satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.