Senior Golang Engineer- Secrets and Consensus Infrastructure Team
New York, NY
Posted Apr 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 97391
Bloomberg provides systems that make an immediate impact on global markets. Our application engineers need building blocks like secrets management and consensus infrastructure to build large-scale distributed systems. So we are forming a new “Secrets and Consensus Infrastructure” team to adopt/consolidate and scale out open source technologies such as Vault, ZooKeeper, and etcd.
Our team is part of a larger organization that provides data storage infrastructure as a service. As a mature SaaS organization, we have a platform for hosting open source software as services and delivering to internal tenants. Our team will both improve the common data platform and extend it for Secrets & Consensus service management.
Who are we?
Who are you?
You are a hard-working and motivated engineer with an interest in security, looking for a tight-knit, collaborative team. You are interested in designing large-scale distributed systems and making contributions to inner source projects. You want to work closely with the open source community to develop and extend the service platforms, improving their usability, reliability, and scalability.
We will expect you to:
- Drive the design and implementation of “as-a-Service” infrastructure
- Provide professional services and on-call support to application teams to achieve business goals in the area of security and consensus
- Promote modern, robust, and secure designs
- Implement and improve operational processes and documentation
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years professional experience in Golang
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, knowledge of object-oriented design, and multi-threaded programming
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Working knowledge of modern development methodologies and tools (Jenkins/Maven/Jira)
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with secrets management infrastructure, such as HashiCorp Vault or AWS KMS
- Understanding consensus algorithms such as Raft or Paxos or ZAB
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker
- An understanding and appreciation of observability tools for alarming, diagnostic and forensic use cases
- Experience working with open-source software/community (upstream accepted contribution, or community presence)
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status