Senior Human Resources Business Partner - Bloomberg Financial Solutions
New York, NY
Posted Dec 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 112240
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of our HR Business Partner team, you will foster a strong professional relationship with our business to maximize the success of our employees in the organization. You will spearhead the design and delivery of people and organizational development strategies in support of our strategic and operational plans. You will partner with teams across the region to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role. We are trusted advisers on all HR issues and are partners to the business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent. We are a creative and visionary team working with the desire to achieve one goal: Success.
Our Financial Solutions business is a dynamic group that includes User Support, Enterprise Sales, Enterprise Services, Specialist Sales, Marketing, Workplace Ops & Supply Chain.
What’s the role:
As a Senior HR Business Partner at Bloomberg, you’ll create and implement innovative HR solutions for business-critical projects like workforce planning, change management, succession planning, D&I initiatives, leadership and development programs, organizational design, and retention strategies. You will build meaningful partnerships with senior stakeholders and have a direct impact on the direction of an entire Financial Solutions department. You’ll join a welcoming and inclusive team and have the opportunity to mentor and be mentored by colleagues in HR and Bloomberg Financial Solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of a business and how this aligns with HR strategies.
- Analyze trends and leverage robust data and metrics to provide insight and guidance to the Financial Solutions organization.
- Design and execute on HR initiatives focused on making the organization more effective (e.g. performance evaluation cycle, retention and employee development programs).
- Provide leaders with the coaching and tools necessary to accelerate their business relationships, develop their people and improve team results.
- Partner closely with business leaders across AMER to drive the HR agenda, collaborate on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business.
- Get results based on business goals and strategies, by defining and implementing specific people-focused initiatives.
- Provide advice and challenge managers on how to effectively deal with change within the organization, such as department reorganizations, and leadership changes, role restructuring.
- Collaborate with a variety of partners across HR and internal clients and build credible relationships to achieve detailed execution of HR initiatives and annual process.
- Operate with empathy, confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 8 years of experience working as a Human Resources Business Partner, preferably in a large global organization, supporting a population of 500+ employees
- Proven expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, crafting organizational strategy, goals, and alignment.
- Experience collaborating with various HR disciplines including Compensation, Recruiting, Immigration, Employee Relations, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Development.
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a dynamic, global collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data.
- Facilitation skills, including encouraging creativity in solution design.
- BA/BS degree.
We’d love to see:
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills.
- Previous experience working for a large, global organization.
- Experience working across cultures and in a matrix environment.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 180,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus