Senior Informatica Data Management/ETL Developer – Business Intelligence (Contract)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 113459
** Please note that this is a contract position**
Bloomberg runs on data. As the Data Management & Analytics team within Engineering, we support our organization’s needs around managing data efficiently. The vision of the team is to build solutions that drive data quality, data dictionary, data stewardship, data lineage, reference, and master data management across various data domains (prospect, customer, vendor, material etc.). We partner with business teams across the organization in addressing their data needs and ultimately helping run business operations efficiently and make improved decisions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work on end to end data integration, ETL, data quality and data management initiatives utilizing technologies like Informatica PowerCenter, IDQ, Python, Pandas etc.
- Built data transformations using SQL, Python, Informatica adhering to data policies and standards in place
- Implement capabilities around Address validation, Contact Validation, Business Glossary, Data Stewardship and Data Quality
- Collaborate with business and technical teams to gather requirements around data quality rules and propose the optimization of these rules if applicable, then design and develop these rules within IDQ
- Perform thorough data profiling with multiple usage patterns, root cause analysis, data cleansing, and develop scorecards utilizing Informatica and other data quality and visualization tools
- Apply SDLC methodologies and sound technical designNeed to have:
- 5+ years of experience with Informatica Powercenter/Data Quality or with Python developing data management and data integration solutions
- Experience building data integration pipelines, data cleansing, , standardization, verification, matching and data quality exception monitoring and handling
- Advanced SQL capabilities are required. Strong understanding of data modeling, database design, and ETL processing is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience programming in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience with reporting tools such as QlikSense, Tableau
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 1,200 - 1,300 USD Daily