Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Compliance Platform
New York, NY
Posted Apr 8, 2020 - Requisition No. 82029
The Bloomberg Compliance Platform Engineering Team, whose systems process over 300 million messages daily, and archives 90+ billion objects, is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer.
You will be working to define and improve our entire compute and web infrastructure. As we are in the process of re-architecting our platform, you will have the opportunity to make a grassroots impact. We need your help ensuring our hardware systems and software platform are reliable, which includes scaling with the ever-increasing flow of enterprise data.
What we are working on:
- Building a robust monitoring platform as we migrate from a legacy big data and web application platform to one built on top of Bloomberg managed cloud services (Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper, etc., all “as a service”)
- Improving the reliability of key Compliance Platform large-scale data processing pipelines with extensive end-to-end monitoring services that measure system metrics against Service Level Objectives
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to address recurring issues; you will ensure these are addressed across all application teams in a consistent way
- Use industry standard SDLC best practices to identify and optimize development and engineering practices throughout the organization
- Aggressively build automation pipelines to lower the cost of manual effort and informative dashboards to improve decision making
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with bash shell and (Python or Ruby) programming
- Experience working with the Linux environment, including shell commands, networking, storage
- Experience system performance tuning and troubleshooting of Linux systems
- Experience with automation/configuration management systems like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Experience with monitoring and logging analysis metrics tools
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with developers
We'd love to see:
- Experience configuring and supporting infrastructure components of the Hadoop ecosystem: HDFS, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Spark, and Accumulo
- Experience managing modern rack hardware systems remotely, including ILO, RAID configuration, hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with team transformation to focus on system reliability, with a focus on applying software engineering principles to systems management
- Experience operating and deploying Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environments
- Knowledge of Mesos and Marathon, and Cloud Native Applications and Infrastructure, including Docker and Kubernetes
If this sounds like you, apply! We’ll get in touch if we believe you’re a good match and get started with a technical phone interview.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.