Senior Infrastructure Systems Engineer – CFO IT
New York, NY
Posted Oct 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 93735
The newly formed 'Bloomberg CFO IT Group' within Engineering at Bloomberg supports the Finance organization responsible for the General Ledger and production of the financial statements. We are looking for talented IT engineers to seed this organization. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member and shape the direction of the team. We ensure that our IT infrastructure is always running efficiently while meeting the strong data and network security requirements of this domain. Our users rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily with other teams including the broader Bloomberg Security, Network, End Point Technology, Mobile Technology, Service Desk and Technology Infrastructure teams.
We will trust you to:
As an Infrastructure Systems Engineer you will be expected to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements. Your objectives will be system standardization, security, performance and stability in coordination with the broader Bloomberg team. The automation and tools you will build, integrate and maintain will provide world-class levels of transparency and significant improvements to agility enabling the team to keep pace with rapidly changing business requirements.
You will take ownership of:
Being part of the 24x7 IT team responsible for the overall reliability, performance, recoverability, administration and maintenance of our multi-site technology infrastructure. The position is a member of the team of Systems Engineers responsible for architecture, standards, documentation, and support of the various systems and applications
Maintaining and administering Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019 and VMware 7.x systems through Full System Life Cycle, including installation and configuration, upgrading, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting
You must be able to:
- Independently manage and lead technical projects from requirements gathering through planning, design and implementation
- Complete potentially disruptive work off-hours and on weekends as necessary
- Thoroughly research and propose scalable solutions for new technologies proposed by internal IT teams and various business units
- Complete work off-hours and on weekends for infrastructure changes that cannot be performed during normal business hours
- Implement and maintain standards and processes including rollout, design and support documentation and post implementation operational support
We expect you to have:
- 7+ years’ experience working as a Systems Engineer
- Strong Microsoft networking, AD, scripting, Exchange, SAN, and VMware experience
- Current Microsoft and/or VMware certifications
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and project management skills in order to establish strong relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively and deal with internal customers in a friendly, empathetic, and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to maintain performance and professional attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- High attention to detail to prevent errors when resolving problems
- Proficiency in the following technologies:
- Microsoft AD upgrade & design, Group Policy, PKI and ADFS experience.
- Proficiency with strong automation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2019 and ActiveSync
- Solid experience in architecting Microsoft Clustering technologies
- Mobile Device Management ( MDM) implementation experience o Strong understanding
- Microsoft and Cisco networking and IT security concepts
- Accustomed in working in a change management environment.
- HP Proliant Server and local / iSCSI storage options
- MS Windows Server 2016/2019 design, upgrade, best practices, and general maintenance and troubleshooting
- Availability for limited local travel on as-needed basis
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
Ability to administer wide range of third party server products including MS SharePoint, SAP HANA, NetApp storage technologies, and SolarWinds
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.