Senior Integration Engineer – Business Reporting & Transparency
New York, NY
Posted May 10, 2019 - Requisition No. 75067
Bloomberg's Communication Systems team is responsible for ensuring transparency and efficiency of communication throughout the company. Our team is seeking a self-motivated senior integration engineer with an interest in designing solutions for complex development environments and implementing scalable architectures to improve productivity for users throughout all levels of management in the organization.
In this role, you will work with cross-application teams to identify cross-cutting problems and develop robust solutions toward enhancing the product and building scalable applications. We are looking for an engineer with excellent problem-solving, architectural and programming skills with a passion for solving large-scale data problems and quickly learning emerging technologies.
If you love owning critical systems and building tools that have a company-wide impact, we’d love to hear more about how you’ve done so in a collaborative environment. If you are passionate about your work, embrace changing business priorities and enjoy consistently delivering on exciting projects, you will enjoy working here.
We’ll trust you to:
- Evaluate the problems users are facing and propose, design, implement and deploy solutions
- Be able to develop custom plugins and evaluate and advise on plugins and plugin development
- Serve as the Jira/Atlassian technical resource for tool upgrades
- Open and manage requests to 3rd party vendor technical support
You’ll need you to:
- Have a good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) design and architecture, version control systems, continuous integration and related tools
- Have experience in one or more high level languages (C++, C#, Java, Python, etc)
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Atlassian products, especially plugin development, REST services, and an in depth understanding of JIRA administration
- An understanding of the design, implementation, and deployment of high performance, large-scale applications in a distributed environment
- Experience with load testing, monitoring and tuning of Atlassian products
- ACP Jira Administrator Certification is a plus
- Experience with Linux, Apache, Tomcat server configuration and tuning, and JVM tuning
- Experience with BigPicture, Structure and ScriptRunner for Jira plug-ins