Senior Interaction Designer - Mobile
New York, NY
Posted May 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 90747
Bloomberg's product and technology teams are committed to creating exceptional human experiences with technology by transforming complex data, workflow processes, and end user requirements into functional and unique software products.
Bloomberg is looking for a Senior Mobile User Experience Designer to create the mobile context for our extensive professional offerings. This role will be a combination of hands-on user research and design work but also partnering with other designers and product owners to develop mobile solutions. This is a unique opportunity to influence the mobile counterpart to one of the most ubiquitous and influential software products in the financial space.
- Envision and realize innovative mobile solutions to enhance the Bloomberg Professional ecosystem of offerings
- Inspire and motivate a team of design, technology, and business stakeholders to create cutting-edge mobile designs
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of state of the art in user research, user workflow and task modeling, mobile interaction design, information architecture design, conceptual design, best practices in mobile design, design guidelines and heuristics, and ability to evaluate design concepts
- Produce detailed high-grade deliverables including storyboards, user scenarios, personas, wireframes and other design prototypes, and detailed design specifications for iOS and Android platforms
- Communicate and present artifacts from different UX activities such as user research findings, high-level conceptual design ideas, and detailed design specifications
- Mentor and lead newer members of the team in UX best practices and design strategies
- 5-to-7 years’ experience in the field of User Centered Design (UX Design, Interaction Design, Product Design)
- Experience leading large-scale design initiatives
- Stellar Mobile experience design work portfolio
- Minimum of 4 years designing for mobile phones/tablets experiences on iOS and Android
- Work effectively with Product Managers, Engineers, and fellow designers in a highly-collaborative, agile environment
- Highly proficient in design and rapid prototyping tools including Sketch, Figma, Proto.io, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Design, Computer Science, or other related field; Master's degree or PhD a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.