Senior Java Engineer - Regulatory Platform
New York, NY
Posted Aug 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 106308
At Bloomberg, everything moves at the speed of light, including our employees. Our team builds the solutions that keep our global company running, and we have a tremendous impact on our employees' day-to-day. We are focused on building high-quality and user-friendly systems that help our 20,000 employees around the world do their job in the most efficient manner.
What we do:
The pace and scale of regulatory change has been steadfast for global investment firms, banks, broker dealers etc. Bloomberg’s Regulatory Reporting Services [BRRS] is a business that caters to a broad set of global clients, firms impacted by one or more regulations, including, EMIR, MiFIR, Dodd-Frank and other G20 derivatives reporting obligations. We’re investing in this business and building out a multi-obligation reporting and assurance services business.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced Java server-side developer with a passion for delivering innovative client solutions. The successful candidate will be part of a distributed team building and maintaining solutions critical to help our clients meet ever evolving regulatory requirements.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a key player in the driving seat of our regulatory product offering.
- Be able to both work independently and collaborate with your teammates to design, develop and deliver high quality mission critical flows.
- Collaborate with BA, QA, Implementations, and Support.
- Participate in code, design reviews, and planning.
- Take pride in your work and be serious about code quality.
- Be flexible to work with teams in different time zones.
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience in server-side Java development.
- Deep understanding of software design and development best practices.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Commitment to deliver good quality software with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience with Spring framework especially Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring Security.
- Cloud experience especially with AWS.
- Experience in handling large amounts of data.
- Experience with Hibernate.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.