Senior Java Engineer - Search Infrastructure
New York, NY
Posted Nov 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 105315
The Search Infrastructure team provides a Search-as-a-Service platform supporting thousands of Solr clouds with billions of documents. Our focus is on developing the infrastructure, providing professional services and contributing to open source software. Our goal is to make it easy for application teams across all verticals in our firm to build rich search driven products.
Who are we?
Who are you?
You are a talented and motivated engineer with an interest in search, looking for a tight-knit, collaborative team. You are passionate about designing large-scale distributed systems and making contributions to open source projects. You will work closely with the Apache Solr backend to develop and extend the service platform, improving its usability, reliability, and scalability.
We will expect you to:
- Drive the design and implementation of search platform services.
- Partner with application teams to understand and achieve business goals.
- Promote search design best practices
- Improve operational processes and documentation.
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years’ experience in Java development and associated technologies (Spring/Jmx/JDBC).
- Working knowledge of modern development methodologies and tools (Jenkins/Maven/Jira).
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures, knowledge of object-oriented design, and multi-threaded programming.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field.
We'd love to see:
- Experience working with open-source software/community (upstream accepted contribution, or community presence).
- Experience working with search engines, such as Apache Solr or Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus