Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. With petabytes of data, our Bloomberg Query Language and Analytics team is at the forefront of innovation in our business.
We're developing a Cloud based low latency Analytics Platform and Screener Engine. We're also working to define, build and support a client query language to allow users to express complex analytics for processing on the Analytics Platform. Aside from analytics, the client query language (known as BQL) can also be leveraged to express complex screening capabilities.
Our team of 20+ engineers is passionately working on three core initiatives at the moment:
- Architecting and designing the entire eco-system for the Analytics Platform and Screener Engine
- Developing core components that form the building blocks of the Query engine and a metadata framework that drives it.
- Building a python test framework for the automated testing and quality assurance of the entire eco-system.
We are looking for strong Java Software Engineers/Architects to build out the core Analytics and Screening Engine that's so critical to our success. That's where you come in.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaboratively architect, design and develop Java components consistent with standard and project specific design principles, leveraging frameworks and technologies, such as: Spring, Multi-Threading and Concurrency, Vector Parallel Processing, Spark, Scala and JMX
- Influence architectural decisions and build a performant execution engine which will bring this platform into the future
- Actively participating in our daily scrums and help establish best design practices
You'll need to have:
- Experience building Analytics Platforms using Java (advanced level)
- 5+ years experience architecting large-scale distributed systems
- 3+ years experience with distributed computing
- 5+ years experience with Spring, Design Patterns, Concurrent Programming, JMX, GC Tuning, ANTLR, Persistence Frameworks, AVRO/JSON and RESTful Services
- 3+ years experience with Spark and Scala (learn more about how we're using Spark here - http://bit.ly/sparkbql)
- 5+ years experience working in a Test Driven Development and Agile environment
- Advanced Java coding skills (5+ years) with focus on Low Latency computing
We'd love to see:
- Large system engineering experience (Ability to build scalable systems for large computes on big data)
- Understanding of GPU based computing
- Experience evangelizing solutions to stakeholders, including internal and external clients and C-levels leaders
If this sounds like you, apply!