Senior Java Software Engineer: Bloomberg Data Platform Team
New York, NY
Posted Oct 22, 2018 - Requisition No. 71412
Our problems are common yet complex. Bloomberg's application teams face challenges of large-scale data storage, low-latency retrievals, high-volume requests and high availability over a distributed environment. We are creating standardized solutions to these problems by building core services and technology frameworks for enterprise-wide use.
You will help us build the Bloomberg Data Platform (BDP). BDP is an initiative to help standardize the storage back ends and structure data flows across our systems to improve discoverability and data provenance.
All of Bloomberg's data flows through these systems. While building high-performance, low-latency, scalable software for these core infrastructure initiatives, you'll learn about our financial datasets and how they're used. We work with diverse technologies including Spark, Kafka, Hbase, Hadoop and the entire cloud deployment stack for large scale production datasets.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of a component of the Bloomberg Data Platform
- Interact with development teams across Bloomberg and understand their application requirements and access patterns
- Design and develop systems that meet our latency, volume, storage and scale expectations
- Participate in daily scrums to help influence architectural decisions
- Work with containers (docker/ Kubernetes)
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience programming in Java
- Knowledge of Spring , Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
Want to build systems that impact the whole company? Apply below!