New York, NY
Posted Aug 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 68826
Instant Bloomberg (IB) is Bloomberg's instant messaging system, which is used by the Bloomberg community for real-time communication including exchanging quotes, trade ideas, news and other financial information. We have a user-base unlike any other in the company and deliver over 300 million post events per day. Our users rely on these products because of their real-time performance, massive scale, ironclad security, tight integration with financial data and applications on the Bloomberg Terminal, and, most importantly, singular access to the Bloomberg network of 350,000 financial professionals.
Building one of Bloomberg's most visible applications is a rewarding and challenging task. As the number of users and functionalities requested continues to grow, we look to similarly grow our development teams with the most talented engineers.
As an application engineer on our IB Application team, we'll trust you to:
- Develop and maintain new client facing features to keep our product competitive and also cater to the growing demands of our clients
- Work very closely with our clients and business representatives to seek requirements and implement creative solutions
- Collaborate with our core infrastructure teams to develop full-stack solutions
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of efficient client-side development
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
- Familiarity with Google Chrome Development Tools, specifically Heap Recorder and Profiler
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with unit testing and continuous integration tools such as Mocha and Jasmine
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field ?
- Experience with C++ programming since IB's backend is mostly C++
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience building chat products and / or your ideas for improving them
We'd love to see: