New York, NY
Posted Nov 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 96421
Every day, thousands of businesses across the globe rely on the Bloomberg Sell-Side System to support their trading activity. As part of the Trading Solutions businesses, Sell-Side delivers a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, market making, inventory management, front office collaboration, middle office operations, and electronic trading.
By providing customizable workflows, extensive analytics, and high performing functionality, our tools allow users to get the information they need fast and stay one step ahead of the market. We build powerful solutions that allow traders to manage their positions, risk and P&L, make markets using our electronic trading suite of tools, and analyze their clients' behaviors to anticipate future needs. To do this, we employ a broad set of software tools and technology.
Our focus is on writing reliable and scalable code to cement the Sell-Side platform as a leading Fixed Income solution. We're looking for new team members that will help us build the next generation of trading solutions that not only lead the industry in terms of performance and reliability but pave the way for a smarter trading system fueled by data and analytics.
Check out more resources for our Team:
- Meet our Team: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-sellside-engineering/
- 2022 Waters Rankings Award for the Best Sell-Side Order Management System (we've won this award since 2019!): https://www.waterstechnology.com/awards-rankings/7948976/waters-rankings-2022-best-sell-side-order-management-system-oms-provider-bloomberg
What's in it for you:
As Senior Software Engineer, you will work within a team designing and implementing new features and workflows as well as improving our performance and reliability. You will learn the sell-side fixed income industry, our clients, and choose the best solution for their needs. We leverage an agile software development process as well as a continuous integration and deployment pipeline to produce high quality software quickly to production. We expect you to be creative and proactively look for the best solutions for our client’s complex problems.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and develop software that provides our clients with high performing, scalable, and flexible workflows
- Be creative in solving complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Work with product managers as well as other engineering groups to translate high level requirements into actionable solutions
- Mentor others and encourage knowledge sharing in order to drive the growth of the team
- Experience designing and building client facing workflows and UIs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
You'll need to have:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus