Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. With petabytes of data, our Bloomberg Query Language and Analytics team is at the forefront of innovation in our business.
We're developing a Cloud based low latency Analytics Platform and Screener Engine. We're also working to define, build and support a client query language to allow users to express complex analytics for processing on the Analytics Platform. Aside from analytics, the client query language (known as BQL) can also be leveraged to express complex screening capabilities.
Our team of 20+ engineers is passionately working on three core initiatives at the moment:
- Architecting and designing the entire eco-system for the Analytics Platform and Screener Engine
- Developing core components that form the building blocks of the Query engine and a metadata framework that drives it.
- Building a python test framework for the automated testing and quality assurance of the entire eco-system.
We'll trust you to:
- Use your strong design and development skills to help us showcase the core Analytics and Screening Engine through innovative and intuitive UI
- Actively participate in our daily scrums and help establish best design practices to influence architectural decisions and build various performance interfaces for our platform
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years experience building rich and compelling user interfaces
- 3+ years experience programming in object oriented languages
- 3+ years UI Architectural experience and a willingness to work as a full stack engineer
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming and event-driven programming paradigms
- Experience working in a Test Driven and Agile environment
We'd love to see:
- The ability to work effectively with Product and Engineering teams to influence technical vision
- Experience working with open source technologies
- Experience evangelizing solutions to stakeholders, including internal and external clients and C-levels leaders
If this sounds like you, apply!